Some of the other benefits of prefabrication include:
• Speed Prefabricated structures are reconfigurable and movable. They are very versatile. Increased prefabrication could see the time it takes to build a house reduced from around nine months to less than one.
• Sustainability Prefabrication is also environmentally sustainable, with more upfront planning meaning less waste, less re-work and less material in the finished product.
• Minimizing Waste Factors can control how waste is processed to maximise recycling – which is not achievable on conventional construction sites.
• Quality Skilled workers in a controlled factory environment also create better quality work than may be possible on a building site.
• Environmental Performance Higher quality work results in better thermal performance, reducing the cost of heating and cooling for the user.