1. Consider site access, and that means not just to the block itself but also the surrounding area.
2. Make sure, for example, there is no bridge 5km away that can only carry a certain weight.
3. Stick to standard module sizes. The more you start cutting up modules and getting more creative with how they’re put together, the higher the costs.
4. Set aside enough money. For example, an approximate budget of $3000- $4500 a square meter for an Archiblox prefab home.
5. Factor in a realistic time frame. From the initial idea to moving in, it can take about nine months.
6. Ask yourself how you will use the pre-fab holiday home. Will you use it every weekend or less frequently? Will you list it on Airbnb? This could influence your design choices.
7. Invest in sustainable materials. The more sustainable the house, the more comfortable the temperature will be all year round, which means the house won’t be a sweatbox in summer and an icebox in winter.