Image: Focus | By Diego PH
Sustainable Benefits of Modular Construction
Going green can seem like a daunting task when building a home. At Archiblox, we have taken the stress and complication out of this process by using efficient and streamlined construction methods which don't cost the earth. We understand the pressures and the enormity of a decision to build a home, let alone one which considers the environment carefully. By working alongside us, we can help to navigate this major life decision and provide solutions to create a sanctuary for you and your family which you can feel good about.
As the leaders in sustainable modular architecture, we focus on designs that don’t just reduce our carbon footprint, but play an active role in replenishing the environment.
High-Performing, Energy Efficient Buildings
Every Archiblox design uses a range of techniques and technologies to make great leaps while leaving a smaller footprint.
Archiblox designs homes and buildings to sit in harmony with your site. Use of passive thermal design principles, tracking the sun, following the wind and getting to know the weather patterns set the rhythm for creating highly energy efficient Archiblox spaces.
- The building is designed to block out high summer sun and optimise cooling summer night breezes. In winter, allowing sun to penetrate into the building, trapping it, storing it and then releasing it to minimise artificial heating.
- Double-glazed window systems with argon-filled cavities are used to maintain stable internal temperatures.
- Light-coloured roofing materials are preferred to reflect radiant heat from the sun while green roofs not only look brilliant but add further thermal insulation.
- Capturing renewable sources through the use of high-quality photovoltaic power and solar hot-water systems allows us to capture as much natural energy as possible, reducing our footprint on the land.
- Efficiency in spatial design to maintain a smaller the footprint requiring less energy to maintain a comfortable internal temperature.
- Strategic wiring for electrical and data cabling are employed to reduce exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
- Isolating green switches are used to excess standby power usage.
- Sourced through renewable enterprises such as timber from sustainable plantation forests.
Read more information under our Sustainable Design Principles
A Healthy Home, Family & Life, Makes for Mindful Living.
Of all our principles, nothing is more important than fostering spaces for families to grow in safe, healthy environments that encourage mindful living. This belief is evident in every corner of an Archiblox home.
• To improve air quality and protect the health of your family, we use low-VOC paints, adhesives and sealants and products without formaldehyde.
• Our open, spacious layouts maximise airflow and natural light to create a more harmonious setting for you and your family.
• We use hard floor surfaces to protect against allergens and moulds that might thrive in hard-to-clean carpeting.
• Our homes offer order and balance to give us clarity of space allowing us to live harmoniously with our environment.
Clever Construction, with Minimal to Zero Waste.
From construction to delivery and beyond, every part of our process is designed with an eye to reduce waste and promote re-use and recycling.
• We design big rather than build big, paying careful attention to material sizes and dimensions, to maximise product usage and reduce wastage.
• We select materials that have a low, neutral or positive impact on the environment, using recycled and renewable materials whenever possible.
• All materials delivered on site are requested to have minimal packaging.
• Construction waste is minimal we re-use and recycle where possible.
• Designated areas to filter solid waste.
We Treat Water Like a Precious Commodity.
We take every opportunity to help reduce, re-use or recycle the water consumed in your home or commercial project.
• Reducing water intake: We only use AAA-rated water consumption appliances and fixtures like dual-flush toilets, low-flow showerheads, and solar and instantaneous hot-water systems to save water and energy.
• Re-use: We offer rainwater-harvesting systems such as water tanks or bladders to serve toilets, laundry, bathroom and kitchen utilities.
• Recycling and landscaping: We promote sustainable landscaping with drought-tolerant plants, green roofs and permeable pathways for natural filtration. Our grey-water systems can be used to irrigate green roofs and designer vegetable gardens, to make every drop of water go further.
More Home, Less Pollution
In all Archiblox homes you can be sure to breathe easier knowing the house is constructed in a manner that is less taxing on our environment. As we use our specialised facility to construct these dwellings the amount of machinery used is significantly reduced, therefore the amount of pollution omitted is also decreased.
By building homes on a single site, the transportation and logistics outlay can be halved compared to a regular build. Shortening these factors by using a central location where materials, personnel and equipment do not need to be moved around so much, ensures the carbon footprint is minimised as much as possible.
We love sharing all the new and exciting things happening at Archiblox, so make sure you’re following us on Instagram, Facebook and
Twitter, or signed up to our monthly newsletter, to ensure you don’t miss a thing.